The Autocast R&D project is coming to an end with a great result for the sponsor Norwegian Research Council and the coordinator Jøtul AS. The video is the proof – a complete bin is emptied.
This is the project where Scorpion 3D Stinger for Robot Vision product was developed. The Autocast solution has the following impressive specification:
- Scorpion 3D Stinger for Robot Vision
- Three Sony GigE Camera mounted above the bin
- ABB Robot
- Bin is 1200 x 800 mm with products spanning a height of 500 mm
- No training required – the system can pick hundreds of products without any change
- The products are identified and located based on a geometric description of product feature
- The same program is used in multiple robot cells
- Automatic 3D calibration initiated by ABB Robot
- Resolution in 3D space is better than 1 mm
- Multiple products are reliably identified and located in 3D with + – 25 degrees rotation around x and y-axis
- 360 degrees rotation around z-axis
- The system never fails to locate and identify
- Typical cycle time 3-6 seconds
Scorpion 3D Stinger targets applications within 3D Bin Picking, 3D Robot Vision, 3D Object Identification and 3D Gauging.
You must be logged in to post a comment.