Become a Scorpion 3D Stinger for Robot Vision Integrator
Tordivel AS is a Norwegian based software company specialising in Industrial Machine Vision. We develop, distribute and support the Scorpion Vision Software globally, through our own sales offices, distributors and partners.
We are searching for 3D Robot Vision Integrators that want to make cost effective automation solutions by using robots and machine vision.
Why use 3D Machine Vision?
Flexible Robot systems require extremely robust guidance of picking position and product identification to be cost-effective.
2D Robot Vision is becoming obsolete
We do not recommend 2D robot vision anymore. We know that 3D camera calibration and sub-pixel measurements are fundamental advantages and needed to meet the challenge to meet the customers requirement for robust solutions
Faster and more accurate 3D Camera Calibration
We support automated 3D calibration to improve the accuracy and the reliability of a solution. This automation significantly reduce the time deployment and downtime of the system. We recommend using fixed 3D reference objects or to the robot itself for calibration.
The benefits in 3D robot vision are obvious:
- Works in physical coordinates
- easy to verify – can verify against cad drawings
- Object location does not degrade when the object position changes
- It is possible to detect that something is wrong
- in 2D machine vision there is normally no quality measure
- The systems are more accurate
- The system should never fail
What can we offer?
Scorpion Vision Software is the state of art configurable standard vision software for implementation of flexible and powerful 3D robot vision applications:
- A unique combination of power and simplicity.
- As a Scorpion 3D Stinger Robot Vision Integrator you will get the following:
- Offline programming with Scorpion 3D Maintenance
- Scorpion 3D training at our official training courses or interactive internet sessions
- Scorpion 3D Stinger for Robot Vision Starter Kit
- Complete sample solutions for 3D Picking and 3D Bin Picking
- Complete set of tutorial for learning Scorpion Vision.
- Access to the best support and priority when requesting support also at customer site
- Competitive pricing
- Videos and insight in state-of-the-art real 3D Robot Vision
- Scorpion Maintenance contracts including free upgrades of your Scorpion licenses and access to our support web and invaluable knowledge and human resources
Read more about Scorpion 3D Stinger for Robot Vision
Scorpion Vision Benefits
Using Scorpion you will have the following benefits when you make a robot vision system:
The most reliable and accurate picking through:
- Standard calibration for elimination of lens distortion and perspective
- Six point robot reference system calibration
- 3D Camera and Robot Calibration
- The best 3D Stereo Vision algorithms
- Unique PolygonMatch sub-pixel edge detection and pattern matching technology
- Access to the core Scorpion 3D Stinger feature – a unique 3D location and identification based on 3D feature location
The most flexible and simple handling of multiple products
- No limitation in number of different product variants
- Easy Toolbox management with a large number of tools
The most powerful system for implementing complex functionality and sequence of operation
- Fully integrated Python script language
- Event driven command system for controlling complex camera(s),inspection and communication sequences
- Support for digital interface, TCP/IP and RS232, to all major robot brands:
- ABB, Motoman, Kuka, Fanuc, Mitsubishi, Kawasaki, Toshiba, Bosch and more.
The best options for making custom operator or teach new product interfaces
- Standard data input pages and both standard and custom plug in panels
- Integrated web page and .Net support
- The easiest to use 3D machine vision including stereo vision for accurate picking with:
- Random layer or product height position
- Random inclination of product position
Low component costs using an open and standard hardware platform:
- Standard PC running Windows XP/Windows 7
- with standard FireWire or GigE camera(s)
- Scorpion Smart Cam running Windows XP embedded
Extensive R&D activity ensures continuous development of world-class features.
What do we expect from you?
To be a Scorpion 3D Stinger Robot Vision Integrator you need to sign a simple contract with our local Scorpion Sales Office and do the following:
Purchase what you need to develop and deploy your solutions.
- Scorpion 3D Stinger Starter Kit
- Scorpion 3D Stinger Maintenance licences for your engineers
- Scorpion 3D Stinger Software Maintenance contract
Educate your self by participating in Scorpion Vision Training classes and use the Scorpion Vision System as your solution when quoting your 3D machine vision solutions.