The heart of the Scorpion Vision Framework is Python – http://www.python.org/
Python is the scripting language’s Linux. Highly successful and growing all the time.
Moving from Python 24 to Python 26 will have a number of good effects.
With Python 24,http://scorpion.tordivel.no/help/Python/Python24.htm we have supported the following important extentions:
- Python for Windows Extentions
- .Net Framework 1.1
With Python 26 we will support the following extentions:
- Python 2.6.4 – python-2.6.4.msi
- PythonWin – pywin32-214.win32-py2.6.exe
- Numerical and Scientific supports is required for Scorpion 3D options
- scipy – scipy-0.7.1-win32-superpack-python2.6.exe
- numpy – numpy-1.4.0rc1-win32-superpack-python2.6.exe
- pyserial – pyserial-py3k-2.5-rc1.win32.exe
- Intel’s OpenCV 1.1
- Support for .Net 2.0 – 3.5
More information: http://scorpion.tordivel.no/help/Python/Python26.htm
Recommended Microsoft Runtimes Installs Visual Studio 2005 sp1 and Visual Studio 2008 sp1
Scorpion 8 will provide access to a even more python modules and be up to date with the latest Python developments. In addition the .Net supports move from 1.1 to .Net versions 2.0 – 3.5 providing access to Microsoft latest framework from within Scorpion.
Read about Scorpion Vision .Net Support