The new Scorpion 3D Stinger RPP Laser Camera is based on the principle “projected texture stereo vision” to create a high quality dense point cloud. The 3D camera works on moving objects with or without texture.
“We are proud to present this exciting new option in the third generation Scorpion 3D Stinger Camera first introduced in 2011. We have perfected the unit by adding advanced integrated laser and led control. The advanced control allows us to capture both 3D images and 2D images within a compact and robust unit. An important advantage is the unique ability to measure 3D in the 2D images using high precision 3D references. The unit extends the complete Scorpion Compact Vision product range that provides state-of-art PC based machine vision with low deployment cost.” – Thor Vollset – Founder and CEO of Tordivel AS
Robotics, 3D robot vision, logistics, empty verification, assembly verification, measurement, R&D and more.
Scorpion 3D Stinger Camera:
The Scorpion 3D Stinger Camera is designed to be used in cutting-edge 3D Stereo Vision applications with or without structured light. It is built with only the highest quality components to be used in professional machine vision with 24-7 operation. It is compatible with the latest 3D versions of Scorpion Vision Software and locates moving objects in 3D in real-time.
Read more about Scorpion 3D Stinger
The Scorpion 3D Stinger™ RPP Laser Camera consists of:
- IP-64 aluminium enclosure – typical 3.5 kg
- to be mounted above the object or mounted on the robot
- Black Anodized Aluminium
- Size: L=292 mm x D=266 mm x H=100 mm
- Two XCG GigE Cameras from Sony with lenses with resolution from VGA to 5MP
- Baseline of 200 mm – allows camera tilting to handle multiple operation distances
- High power white or Infrared strobed LED
- IR – 830 nm and Red – 660 nm Random Pattern Projection laser from Osela.
- Termination panel & cables
- Scorpion Stinger Control Card to driver LED and Laser and to control the image capture an strobing sequence
- 24v input, 5v and 12v output – Power consumption from 15 to 35 W
- Working Distances from 400 – 5000 mm
- GigE switch
The control card provides the ability to capture one 3D image set illuminated with a laser pattern and then capturing a high resolution 2D image set. The 3D images are used to locate objects in 3D. In the 2D image, the 3D references from the 3D image is used to do 3D measurements in 2D images with the highest possible accuracy.
Read more in the Scorpion 3D Stinger Camera datasheet
Principle of operation:
The new camera is based on the third generation Scorpion 3D Stinger Camera where support for multiple LED and Laser Source are controlled by the Scorpion 3D Stinger Control Card. The goal of the project was to develope a high precision and robust 3D Image or dense point cloud systems with an active Random Pattern Projection to be able to work with all surfaces. We uses two 3D Stereo Vision Camera and a Random Pattern Projection Laser to create a high quality dense point cloud.
- A 3D image set with projected texture from a RPP laser
- A 2D image set illuminated by high power LED
- A dense 3D point cloud
- A 3D height map
Supporting universities, students and colleges
We supports student doing their machine vision and robot vision projects and universities that are in the process of building labs for 3D Robot Vision or 3D machine vision. We can tailor sw and hw packages to any need both for reasearch and professional use.
Comments are closed.