Scorpion 3D Stinger for Robot Vision task
The task is to pick object from a box with an ABB robot. The Scorpion 3D Stinger for Robot Vision was chosen to solve the task.
Below the two stereoscopic images is shown captured by the system.
- Pallet size: 1200 x 800 mm
- Number of layers: 6
- Z- span of layers are from 550 mm
- Z distance to Camera from 3D base reference system/robot work object: 2490 mm
- Scorpion 3D Stinger Camera
- Stereo Visio baseline: 300 mm
- 2D pixel resolution 1.5 mm
- Two monochrome GigE cameras with XGA,1024×768, resolution
- 3D calibration rms value is 0.3 mm
- Estimated z-resolution – standard deviation 1.5 mm
- Scorpion 3D Stinger for Robot Vision
- Industrial PC – Intel Quad-Core 2.4 GHz
- Windows Operating System
Z-Height resolution from 150 mm to 600 mm
- This image shows that the six layers spans 350 mm height and that
- the height difference within one layers is 15 mm.
- The accuracy in z is plus / minus 2-3 mm.
Read more about this application – video – 3d-bin-picking-with-scorpion-3d-stinger