Posted on August 27, 2011 by Thor
The Scorpion Python Plugins – SPP – is a new powerful concept to extend Scorpion Vision Software with simple python scripts.
Scorpion 3D Stinger Bin Picking with improved user experience
The following plugins are used:
- Custom .Net Page with product Selection
- User feedback plugin included cycle-time display
- Two selected graphs displays vital quality data helping the operator verify system integrity
Scorpion Vision supports .Net through Python for .Net and thus .Net objects.
Filed under: Scorpion 9, Scorpion Vision Software, Tordivel Solutions | Leave a Comment »
Posted on August 25, 2011 by Thor
We are proud to present a very useful story about DIY machine vision.
An independent manufacturer of automotive components has shown how Scorpion Vision Software can be adopted for a fraction of the cost of a professional system solution by simply having the will to make its own solution work.
Filed under: General, Machine Vision, Scorpion 8, Scorpion Vision Software, Tordivel Solutions | Leave a Comment »
Posted on August 6, 2011 by Thor
The first official 9.0 version is available for download. Enjoy the new installer
2D and 3D demo profiles at your fingertips:)
A selected set of improvement points of Scorpion Vision 9.0:
- Completely new installer makes it easy to install everything including
- 2D Extensions
- 3D Extensions
- 2D and 3D demo profiles
- Get 30 days demo licence during installation
- New binary storage format makes operation faster and more secure
- New Image formats
- 3D ascii fileformat for 3D point cloud data-exchange
- Added support for tif and png
- lossless compression with tif
- Fantastic threadpool management in Scorpion Toolbox
- Extended Numpy support
- Numpy image format is supported by Scorpion
- TargetComputer concept makes switch profile easy
- Easy to switch from online to offline system configuration
- New folder history dialog offline simulation easier
- New Scorpion Profile Wizard makes it easier to get started
- A number of Scorpion VisionX enhancements
- New System Options and System tagdatabase additions
- Zoom Siblings – zoom is linked between images
- Google Search for Scorpion Vision Resources
- Updated camera drivers and device drivers
- Extended Python Support for Adam-6000 series
- and much more – Read Scorpion Vision Release Notes
Filed under: General, Scorpion Vision 3D, Scorpion Vision Software | 1 Comment »
Posted on August 3, 2011 by Thor
We are using Twitter to notify all our users about Scorpion Vision News.
Follow scorpionvision at Twitter to be posted about the exciting Scorpion Vision 9.0
Filed under: General | Leave a Comment »
Posted on August 3, 2011 by Thor
This API provides the best support for Windows-7 and replaces older Advantech APIs.
WHAT IS Advantech?
Advantech www.advantech.com manufactures distributed IO modules. The modules comes in various flavors supporting several different IO requirements such as analog input/output, digital input/output.
Advantech IO Modules AND SCORPION
Advantech mix very well due to Scorpion’s Python scripting support. Scorpion is shipped with Python classes capable of communicating the IO modules via Bionic SDK. The Python classes are shipped as is with full source code, empowering users to modify or extend the existing support.
More information on Python Scripting.
Read more: BionicAPI.htm
NOTE: This Advantech Bionic API replaces Advantech API, that is based on Advantech Device Manager.
Filed under: General, Tordivel Solutions | Leave a Comment »